Mazdaspeed3 Passenger Side Motor Mount
Looking to plant power to the ground, reduce drivetrain slop, drastically lessen wheel hop, all while adding minimal NVH? Look no further, Damond Motorsports has the answer in the DM PMM for the Mazdaspeed3. Damond Mounts are ran on the quickest 1/4 mile record setting Mazdaspeed3s, as well as many enthusiast's daily driver Mazdaspeeds.
The Damond Motorsports PMM design:
- The bushings are orientated properly to support the motor and absorb vibrations across the whole bushing.
- This allows us to use stiff bushings without increasing NVH to unbearable levels. Orientating the bushing carrier in a transverse manner further reduces NVH, as less stress is put on bushing flanges.
- Full length welded steel base and top piece.
- CAD designed, and FEA, and street tested. You can't make enough power to break this thing.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Machined aluminum bushing carrier, anodized gold or black
- Lower mount base and top base are high strength steel welded, and powder coated black
- All high grade fasteners, and nylon lock nuts
- OTS Energy poly bushings
- Minimal added vibes, along with lots of tire spinning instead of wheel hop
- OPTIONAL: Super high grade 14.9 timing cover studs for only $5 more
Way to much NVH and doesn't help with torque steer.. Since passenger motor mount is on belt /pulley side, it vibrates the car like crazy when the rpms go up.. Can hear everything including tire noise.. Switching back to oem.. Waste of money..
Very satisfied, lived up to my expectations. Car feels much more solid with minimal NVH increase. Shifts are much more crisp.
I installed my pmm as soon as I got it and I was even more impressed than I thought I would be. First mod I’ve done to the car and it’s crazy how something as simple as a motor mount can make me smile more than my car! I felt an instant difference just upon start up. 2nd to 3rd feels AMAZING now and the nvh isn’t bad at all even with it not being broken in. I now completely understand all the hype behind Damond Motorsports. I will be ordering all of the other mounts in the future as well. The rest of the engine shakes quite a bit with just the one mount stiffening things up so much but it feels and sounds so good. Nice looking piece as well.
After reading horror stories about passenger motor mounts causing uncomfortable vibration, I replaced my original with a used unit that failed shortly after. I finally decided to go with an aftermarket mount, and I'm glad I did. The car feels more solid between shifts, and I didn't notice any increase in vibration, if any it's very slight. I do have a damond rear motor mount, which probably contributed to me not noticing anything but overall I'm very satisfied.
Installed my first aftermarket mount. Still have oem RMM and TMM. Very slight NVH increase and the engine feels much more planted. Highly recommend!