Mazdaspeed3 Passenger Side Motor Mount
Looking to plant power to the ground, reduce drivetrain slop, drastically lessen wheel hop, all while adding minimal NVH? Look no further, Damond Motorsports has the answer in the DM PMM for the Mazdaspeed3.
The Damond Motorsports PMM design:
- The bushings are orientated properly to support the motor and absorb vibrations across the whole bushing.
- This allows us to use stiff bushings without increasing NVH to unbearable levels. Orientating the bushing carrier in a transverse manner further reduces NVH, as less stress is put on bushing flanges.
- Full length welded steel base and top piece.
- CAD designed, and FEA, and street tested. You can't make enough power to break this thing.
The Damond Motorsports PMM specs:
- Machined aluminum bushing carrier, anodized gold or black
- Lower mount base and top base are high strength steel welded, and powder coated black
- All high grade fasteners, and nylon lock nuts
- OTS Energy poly bushings
- Minimal added vibes, along with lots of tire spinning instead of wheel hop
- OPTIONAL: Super high grade 14.9 timing cover studs for only $5 more
Replaced stock mount because it was leaking. Installation was straight forward but I wish there was a better solution for the grounding wire on a Gen1. I did get the extra timing cover studs but didn’t end up using them. Driving impressions after one week. Overall driving and shifting feel are much improved, engine seems to move a lot less and transfer power to the ground better. However, there is more noise and vibrations, at idle and under power, because this is such a solid piece.
Love it I will be buying again
Excellent build quality, very simple install with detailed instructions. The motor feels locked into place with minimal NVH increase, great buy!
Installation was super easy, engine rock is gone, vibrates a little more than I thought it would but that’s okay.
Only real complaint is I thought that the DM on the mount itself was going to be etched instead of being a sticker.
Installing it was super fast and easy with their instructions and diy videos on youtube.
The cars feel solid. The vibrations and cabin noise is way less then I was expecting. There’s definitely an increase in them but i love them haha. Definitely recommend this mount to anyone looking to upgrade the stock mounts that are know to fail. Can’t go wrong with a damond product 10/10. Transmission mount is next :)