Mazdaspeed3 Passenger Side Motor Mount
Looking to plant power to the ground, reduce drivetrain slop, drastically lessen wheel hop, all while adding minimal NVH? Look no further, Damond Motorsports has the answer in the DM PMM for the Mazdaspeed3.
The Damond Motorsports PMM design:
- The bushings are orientated properly to support the motor and absorb vibrations across the whole bushing.
- This allows us to use stiff bushings without increasing NVH to unbearable levels. Orientating the bushing carrier in a transverse manner further reduces NVH, as less stress is put on bushing flanges.
- Full length welded steel base and top piece.
- CAD designed, and FEA, and street tested. You can't make enough power to break this thing.
The Damond Motorsports PMM specs:
- Machined aluminum bushing carrier, anodized gold or black
- Lower mount base and top base are high strength steel welded, and powder coated black
- All high grade fasteners, and nylon lock nuts
- OTS Energy poly bushings
- Minimal added vibes, along with lots of tire spinning instead of wheel hop
- OPTIONAL: Super high grade 14.9 timing cover studs for only $5 more
Took no time to install since my oem finally popped best mod I've bought in a while now that its installed you can really feel the power being put down, slight vibration at idle but feels great
This mount looks and feels great. I had been driving on a blown PMM for a while now and the difference is night and day. Install took about an hour. As for cabin noise, there’s definitely a slight increase in it and maybe a hair more vibrations. It’s something to expect when you’re stiffening up the motor mounts.
Like some people, I was concerned about the NVH. To my surprise, the vibes were nil. I am pleased with the way the mount anchors the engine. Torque steer and wheel hop are a memory. Shifting is much improved. There is some gear whine present, but it's not a problem. Engine noise/exhaust is a bit more than I would like. I have driven it about 400 miles thus far and the engine noise is reducing. Overall though, I find the DSM PSM, to be solid and nice looking piece of work. I am very pleased with the performance.
This motor mount looks and performs amazing. Great product. Shipping was fast.
Was a bit hesitant at first , scared of increased NVH but it was all for nothing. The car feels almost like OEM and the mount looks fantastic. Install was straight forward and went smoothly. Extremely satisfied !