Free US shipping on most items! Proudly Made in the USA
Looking to plant power to the ground, reduce drivetrain slop, drastically lessen wheel hop, all while adding minimal NVH? Look no further, Damond Motorsports has the answer in the DM PMM for the Mazdaspeed3. Damond Mounts are ran on the quickest 1/4 mile record setting Mazdaspeed3s, as well as many enthusiast's daily driver Mazdaspeeds.
The Damond Motorsports PMM design:
- The bushings are orientated properly to support the motor and absorb vibrations across the whole bushing.
- This allows us to use stiff bushings without increasing NVH to unbearable levels. Orientating the bushing carrier in a transverse manner further reduces NVH, as less stress is put on bushing flanges.
- Full length welded steel base and top piece.
- CAD designed, and FEA, and street tested. You can't make enough power to break this thing.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Machined aluminum bushing carrier, anodized gold or black
- Lower mount base and top base are high strength steel welded, and powder coated black
- All high grade fasteners, and nylon lock nuts
- OTS Energy poly bushings
- Minimal added vibes, along with lots of tire spinning instead of wheel hop
NEW! Bushing stiffness options!
- Street 70a or Race 88a bushing stiffness now available
- Street bushings are for those looking to keep added NVH to a minimum
- Race bushings are for those wanting the best performance and least engine movement
- Bushing selection currently only applies to the side mounts. In full mount sets, the rear mount uses the "race" bushings
So - after a lot of research - I decided to spend the extra and go with this mount... What a great decision that turned out to be. Ridiculously fast postage to outback Australia, high quality product and really easy to follow instructions on the website. Now for the real world evaluation! - I opted for the street hardness duro. Zero extra vibes and just like evryone else says - feels tigher and more how the car should have come from stock.... I will definitely be buying the transmission mount when the OEM one craps out (please be soon!!)
This is now my second passenger motor mount for my second Gen2 Speed3. I absolutely love it everything from quality to installation to driving feel is just awesome. It will take some preset up before installing but it’s nothing terrible.
Reduced engine shake and increase driving feel, these are overlooked upgrades but definitely needed especially if you plan to push more power.
Overall cabin vibration isn’t bad with the passenger motor mount alone, I got mine with the race bushing. If you do combine it with the transmission motor mount you will notice an increase in vibration, personally I didn’t like it so I went with corksports tranny bushing insert, and only install the Damond tranny mount when tracking.
If you want a smooth driving feel I recommend an upgraded PMM along with rear engine motor mount, and corksports tranny bushing insert. Best combo in my opinion, keeps the engine steady while reducing the amount of wheel hop and torque steer, while also increasing responsiveness. Doing all without increasing cabin vibration exaggeratedly.
I hope someone finds this useful, cause if you’re reading this this is your sign to shoot your purchase haha
Like the other reviews, install took about an hour or so if you have the tools set out and ready to go. The YouTube videos and Damond’s GUIDES are spot on for following the steps to do the job right. My OE mount had been blown out and leaking for awhile now and finally got around to replacing it. I can notice a difference in NVH and overall sounds but I’ve been driving the car for 89,000 miles and 14 years since I bought this 2008 Speed3 new, back in 2008. I know every rattle and sound it should and should not make. Over the years, my dad and I have replaced the lower motor mounts, added a cold air intake, blow off valve, shifter bushings, a downpipe, and a front mount intercooler, new speakers, brakes, etc. We know the car inside and out and this mount is one of my favorite upgrades we’ve done so far. The engine is held in there rock solid now, the NVH is actually better than it was before but I like feeling and hearing the car when I drive so it’s all a win in my book. If you need this motor mount replaced, I can’t imagine a better one being offered anywhere.
The Damond PMM is awesome! My oem mount was shot and got the Damond street insert works great and not too rough. Recommend 10/10. The install was easy the only thing I took the most time on during install was figuring out where to put the ground wire.
You can immediately feel the difference right away compared to the stock mount
looking forward to the trio
Feels very steady.