Mazda3 & Mazda5 Passenger Side Motor Mount
Looking to plant power to the ground, reduce drivetrain slop, drastically lessen wheel hop, all while adding minimal NVH? Look no further, Damond Motorsports has the answer in the DM PMM for the 2004-2013 Mazda3 2.3L & 2.5L, and 2006-2015 Mazda5 2.3L & 2.5L.
The Damond Motorsports PMM design:
- The bushings are orientated properly to support the motor and absorb vibrations across the whole bushing
- This allows us to use stiff bushings without increasing NVH to unbearable levels. Orientating the bushing carrier in a transverse manner further reduces NVH, as less stress is put on bushing flanges
- Full length welded steel base and top piece
- Top piece can be flipped to fit both 2.3L and 2.5L engines
- CAD designed, and FEA, and street tested. You can't make enough power to break this thing
The Damond Motorsports PMM specs:
- Machined aluminum bushing carrier, anodized gold or black
- Lower mount base and top base are high strength steel welded, and powder coated black
- All high grade fasteners, and nylon lock nuts
- OTS Energy poly bushings
- Minimal added vibes, along with lots of tire spinning instead of wheel hop
- OPTIONAL: Super strong 14.9 grade timing cover studs for only $5 more
Probably the best looking passenger mount for the Mazda 3 in my opinion, easy to install and looks so much better then anticipated
The Damond passenger side motor mount is THE SOLUTION for excessive motor motion under your hood. I replaced the PMM twice with the OEM piece and could not install a third...I had to have a more robust solution. The install was easy. There is more noise and vibration than stock, but it is not overbearing. I'll gladly trade the the added NVH for a mount that will last a lifetime. I will shop Damond for my other motor/trans mounts.
This is probably the most beautiful mount on the market, and it dropped right in with no fuss on my 2010 2.5 Mazda3. I will say the main bolt in the 2.5 orientation (plate over bolt) was a bit of a pain to tighten down, but after some creative thinking, I was able to get it all tight.
Install took about 45 minutes in the dark. You MUST let your engine cool before doing this, there's some tight moments and that timing cover/stock mount are VERY HOT if you don't wait.
Unfortunately there's no instructions, so you have to get a little creative. The stock engine mount grounds the front timing cover, so you need to find a new frame location to ground (there's one under the AC line mount, by the rearmost motor mount bolt) and a bolt on the timing cover (Near the valve cover, I believe it's an 8mm)
The first 100 miles or so were very harsh, which is exactly what I was expecting. Some of the bolts loosened up and made some noise, so I wailed down on them and everything is still super solid (been about 2 weeks).
What I was not expecting was the mount to break in so quickly and only offer minimal vibes. I have the JBR RMM and it took about 500 miles and some rough driving to get it to "break in", which still has some vibes. The Damond mount however is barely noticeable from pre-installation, and it holds everything in tight. Shifting is pleasant again!
Thanks to Damond for caring about the 2.5 guys! We wanna go fast too!
I have to say that i was really surprised with the cuality of the product. Great presentation fast shipping y plenty of colors to choose
Really impressed with this passenger motor mount!
I installed it on a 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch and it has really made a good impression. I replaced a pretty vibration prone JBR passenger mount with this one from Damond and it's like night and day. Way less vibration and weird noises and the engine feels really bolted down. Nicely done Damond!