Focus ST Transmission Mount
Looking to plant power to the ground, reduce drivetrain slop, drastically lessen wheel hop, all while adding minimal NVH? Look no further, Damond Motorsports has the answer in the DM Transmission Motor Mount for the Focus ST.
The Damond Motorsports TMM design:
- The bushings are oriented properly to support the motor and absorb vibrations across the whole bushing.
- This allows us to use stiff bushings without increasing NVH to unbearable levels. Orienting the bushing carrier in a transverse manner further reduces NVH, as less stress is put on bushing flanges.
- Factory mounting points retained on the transmission casing.
- CAD designed, and FEA, and street/track tested. You can't make enough power to break this thing.
- Full length welded corrosion resistant steel.
The Damond Motorsports TMM specs:
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Machined aluminum bushing carrier, anodized gold or black
- Lower mount base and top base are high strength steel welded, and powder coated black
- All high grade fasteners, and lock nuts
- OTS Energy poly bushings
- Minimal added vibes, massive reduction in engine movement, along with lots of tire spinning instead of wheel hop.
Free US Shipping!
Note: With this mount there will be added NVH over stock, as well as a slight break-in period for NVH to settle.
Amazing results, the vehicle turns a lot better, even sounds better and immediately notice a difference in power from 0 to 60. Sticks to the ground more and hugs the corners. Definitely recommend this product.
So now that I have all three mounts I can't safely say that the engine is now solid. The TMM made another difference in the shifts. I feel like all of the power goes right to the wheels now. I really don't know how to explain it but yea it feels different. The NVH does go up a bit but from experience I know it will go back down. You do feel it in the peddles. So far I am happy with the install. It was pretty easy just time consuming.
I changed this mount just in time! At a little over 81K miles, the stock passenger motor mount and stock transmission motor mount were already tearing at the ends. If the mounts would have completely separated while driving, it would not have been pretty. This mount, along with the Damond Motorsports Passenger Motor Mount really reduces torque steer tremendously. There is also much more NVH at first, which does go down over time. For the first week I drove my car without listening to music, fascinated by all the sounds of the clutch engaging/disengaging, and really hearing the engine cycle. There's much more of a connected feeling with the car now. The increased smoothness of shifting and acceleration is quite dramatic. The added stability at higher speeds really is amazing also. Very good instructions for installation. GREAT PRODUCTS from Damond Motorsports!
Timely shipping, and good packaging. Great online videos to aid in installations. The quality of the transmission mount is good and the feeling in the car is sharper, and should definitely be more reliable than stock! Happy with the purchase from Damond.
This is a must have if you've already gotten a RMM. From what I have noticed, this mount smooths out all the rough areas of the RPM range that the RMM left. Not only that but I feel the transmission is more consistent in shifting feel and a lot easier to shift fast.
Now some things you will notice is more mechanical noise from the trans which is normal and you'll honestly not notice it anymore after a while. The noise you will hear is not much. I'd couple this with some a shift arm and some solid bushings for the ultimate feel in the transmission. Trust me on this. With that combo, any slop in the transmission will be GONE.
If you are looking for honestly the best on the market, look no further. Really a pity this mount isn't visible because out of all the ones I've seen, this is truly a beautiful piece. Thank you Damond for yet another great product. Definitely getting your PSMM now after having this to finish out my mounts.