Mazdaspeed3 Passenger Side Motor Mount
Looking to plant power to the ground, reduce drivetrain slop, drastically lessen wheel hop, all while adding minimal NVH? Look no further, Damond Motorsports has the answer in the DM PMM for the Mazdaspeed3.
The Damond Motorsports PMM design:
- The bushings are orientated properly to support the motor and absorb vibrations across the whole bushing.
- This allows us to use stiff bushings without increasing NVH to unbearable levels. Orientating the bushing carrier in a transverse manner further reduces NVH, as less stress is put on bushing flanges.
- Full length welded steel base and top piece.
- CAD designed, and FEA, and street tested. You can't make enough power to break this thing.
The Damond Motorsports PMM specs:
- Machined aluminum bushing carrier, anodized gold or black
- Lower mount base and top base are high strength steel welded, and powder coated black
- All high grade fasteners, and nylon lock nuts
- OTS Energy poly bushings
- Minimal added vibes, along with lots of tire spinning instead of wheel hop
- OPTIONAL: Super high grade 14.9 timing cover studs for only $5 more
If you already have solid RMM installed, You wouldn't even notice the extra vibration after installing this. You get a little bit more noise from the engine, that's because you have a more solid connection between engine and chassis. Since the engine moves a lot less now, gear shifting feels more crisp and direct. Great product! Will definitely recommend to friends.
Very easy install I'm a experinces tech it took me a whole 30 mins to install cabin noise ofcourse what do you expect... sweet product highly recommend
I installed my PMM yesterday and it is a superb piece of engineering. The online instructions and photos were easy to follow for the installation and upon start-up, the NVH was minimal. I had read reviews where a lot of customers said they felt some vibes but it wasn't major and it is so true. I have used an AWR mount before and I really noticed the PMM, so I was a little skeptical of what it would feel like. As for the driving, I have not been on a highway but on long stretches of streets in Toronto, where I would sometimes do pulls on, I would normally have torque steer but I do not feel it and I feel really planted now. I hear and feel the engine a touch more but I like that. It makes me feel connected. I still have the TMM to install. My RMM is from Corksport and I would consider swapping out to Damond but I think I need to chill. I can now see why people go on about the quality of this work at Damond.
Wow! My mazdaspeed 3 feels great and the shifting its so smooth.
Looked at a lot of other options, I’m sure a lot are like me, do countless hours of research before deciding but all I can say is this company makes the top quality. Hardly any cabin vibration and the reduced wheel hop is very noticeable. I can’t wait to complete the set. Not to mention it’s a very appealing mount. It is 100 percent worth every penny spent, very pleased.