BNR S2V2 Turbocharger Upgrade
The S2 has the same inlet diameter as stock (2.25”). Only things you will need to modify is relocation of the boost control solinoid. It’s a direct bolt in capable of 40 lbs/min of air flow. The benefit with the S2 over the S1 is added response and mid range from the larger A/R ratio of the compressor housing and an upgraded wastegate actuator. Peak power stays the same. This is what you get when you order an S2!
- GT28 Turbine wheel
- BNR’s GT2860 Gen 2 Billet compressor wheel (43 lbs/min flow rate)
- High Performance 360 thrust assembly
- Rear journal bearing oil deflector (Diverts oil away from the turbine seal)
- High Performance turbine seal
- Balanced and blue printed to .5 gram/in2
- BNR compressor housing upgrade
- BNR .63 a/r turbine housing with 27mm wastegate port
- Upgraded wastegate actuator (set at 14 psi)
- All stainless hardware
- 5 Layer stainless MLS turbine inlet/outlet gaskets
- (9) M10 1.5 exhaust studs
- (9) M10 1.5 stainess nuts/washers
- Extended stainless water line (firewall side)
- (4) 14mm copper washers
- (2) 12mm copper washers
- (2) Oil return gaskets
- 1 year warranty!
BNR Supercars specializes in the Mazdaspeed3 and Mazdaspeed6 turbochargers.
Peak numbers are not what we are into. We like designing turbocharger upgrades that produce maximum under the curve power and torque. It makes these cars much more responsive and fun to drive on the street. When you get greedy and go for that peak number, it kills the bottom and mid-range torque. No bottom end torque makes the engine not as responsive for autocross/road racing and in BNR's opinion not as fun to drive!
These engines are doing very well handling 400-450 WHP with the stock bottom end. Most people looking for a reliable replacement over the stock smoking KO4 usually go for the S1 or S2 turbocharger models since a tune isn’t required. If your car is fully bolted with high performance fuel pump internals we suggest an S3 with a tune. Fully bolted with added methanol injection go with the S4 and a tune. Stock engine internals, don’t even think about doing an S5 or S6!
*Divorced down pipes do not work with BNR turbocharger upgrades! If they are used, the wastegate valves will not open properly causing extreme high boost problems!*
*Built engines need a custom oil supply line for turbocharger protection! Click link for details!*
*S5 and S6 model turbochargers to cover the cost of the custom oil drain line!
*Please note, turbos may ship directly from BNR, so please allow extra time for the turbo to be built and delivered.