VersaTuner is a tuning software for Mazda vehicles. It is a Windows application that allows reflashing/remapping (chip tuning) of many Mazda engine ECUs, data logging, tune editing, and diagnostics.
VersaTuner Lite is the version you want if you are going to be tuned by a pro tuner, or just want to run an OTS (Off-The-Shelf) map. Lite allows you to flash maps from VersaTune's large library of Included prebuilt tunes, adding horsepower or increasing fuel economy with just a few clicks. It also allows flashing of custom built maps made by professional tuners, like Damond Motorsports.
VersaTuner Full is for the more experienced users who want to use the Tune Editor to tune themselves. You get access to dozens of adjustable engine tables, maps and parameters.
All you need is a Windows laptop or tablet, and a compatible hardware interface (cable or wireless adapter) to connect your computer to the car. Recommendations for wired and wireless adapters are below, and have to be purchased separately, we don't sell them.
Hardware and software requirements
- A Windows™ PC, laptop or tablet running Microsoft® Windows™ 7/8/8.1/10/11 (32 or 64 bit)
MacOS, iOS and Android are NOT supported
- A compatible wired or wireless vehicle interface to connect the computer to the OBD-II port of the car
Compatible wired vehicle interfaces:
- OBDLink SX (Click for recommended cable.)
- OBDLink EX
- Tactrix OpenPort 2.0
- VersaLink USB Vehicle Interface
- Any other interface that implements the SAE J2534 Pass-Thru standard
Compatible wireless vehicle interfaces:
- OBDLink LX (Click for recommended adapter.)
- OBDLink MX+
- ELM327 Bluetooth OBD-II adapters for low speed data logging only (no reflash capability)
Wireless connections can be less reliable. We recommend having a wired vehicle interface as a backup.
IMPORTANT: Mini-VCI/MVCI J2534 interfaces (cables) are known to brick the ECU when flashing. Do NOT use them with VersaTuner!