Mazdaspeed6 Passenger Side Motor Mount
Looking to plant power to the ground, reduce drivetrain slop, drastically lessen wheel hop, all while adding minimal NVH? Look no further, Damond Motorsports has the answer in the DM PMM for the Mazdaspeed6.
The Damond Motorsports PMM design:
- The bushings are orientated properly to support the motor and absorb vibrations across the whole bushing.
- This allows us to use stiff bushings without increasing NVH to unbearable levels. Orientating the bushing carrier in a transverse manner further reduces NVH, as less stress is put on bushing flanges.
- Full length welded steel base and top piece.
- CAD designed, and FEA, and street tested. You can't make enough power to break this thing.
The Damond Motorsports PMM specs:
- Machined aluminum bushing carrier, anodized gold or black
- Lower mount base and top base are high strength steel welded, and powder coated black
- All high grade fasteners, and nylon lock nuts
- OTS Energy poly bushings
- Minimal added vibes
- OPTIONAL: Super high grade 14.9 timing cover studs for only $5 more
First off I love how study this mount is. Well built, looks decent and not difficult to install. Only issue I had personally is a 12 year old original hardware. I would suggest getting new nuts for the studs. Other then that it's a great mount!
The only nhv I notice is in the armrest area. Low rpm and idle are the only time you really feel it. Smooth on accel, feels really robust.
Easy to put together and install. The unit looks really nice and performs great! Slight vibration increase (but not excessive) and after two factory mounts collapsing in less than a year it is a far better option. The only comment (not intended to be negative) I would make is I wasn’t to sure about the earth relocation as it’s a bit of a stretch to mount to the rocker cover so I decided to move it to one of the mounting studs which worked fine. Overall very happy with it and would recommend to others if you decide to upgrade the factory mount! Cheers.
I didn’t want to get an aftermarket passenger side motor mount mainly because I have my balance shafts deleted and didn’t want the extra harshness, vibration or noise. But after my factory mount failed, I asked around and my Mazda fam said Damond and they weren’t wrong! Noise and vibration are only slightly higher stock levels, even with balance shafts gone, but the car feels noticeably better. Not only would I buy again but I’m probably going to get their transmission mount too!
I changed out my JBR PMM and RMM to Damond mounts. Way better, the JBR mounts shook the cab rattling all 3 mirrors and both front doors not to mention my brain. Damond mounts feel great and little to no rattles. Only at idle. I also have a built motor with BSD delete so some NVH is to be expected. Love the new mounts
i bought the passanager and the rear motor mount at the same time super easy installation just bolts right in the passanger mm doesnt have a spot to re attact a ground wire thats on the oem passanger motor mount but other then that super easy and a noticable difference plus looks super slick under the hood