Focus RS Full Motor Mount Set
The Damond Motorsports Full Motor Mount Set is a must have for any Focus RS enthusiast looking to keep their powertain solidly planted while adding less NVH than the competition. Damond Mounts are ran on the quickest most powerful track Focus RS's, as well as many enthusiast's daily drivers.
The Damond Motorsports RMM/PMM/TMM design:
- The bushings are oriented properly to support the motor and absorb vibrations across the whole bushing.
- This allows us to use stiff bushings without increasing NVH to unbearable levels. Orienting the bushing carrier in a transverse manner further reduces NVH, as less stress is put on bushing flanges.
- Full length welded steel PMM/TMM bases, and top PMM/TMM pieces.
- CAD designed, and FEA, and street/track tested. You can't make enough power to break this thing.
- Factory mounting points are retained.
The Damond Motorsports RMM/PMM/TMM specs:
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Machined aluminum bushing carrier, and RMM, anodized gold or black
- PMM/TMM lower mount bases and PMM/TMM top bases are high strength steel welded, and super thick gloss black powder coating
- All high grade fasteners, and lock nuts
- OTS Energy poly bushings
- Minimal added vibes, along with lots of tire spinning instead of wheel hop.
Free US Shipping!
Note: With this mount there will be added NVH over stock, as well as a slight break-in period for NVH to settle.
These mounts look to be exceptional in build quality. I haven't as yet experienced the difference between these vs stock - they are being installed as I write this. I will post another review once I've had a chance to gauge them on my " seat o' pants" meter.
When shopping for mount in our Mk3 Focus RS build, we needed mounts that would withstand the rigors of stage rally, with easily serviceable parts, with great product technical support and fast shipping.
I have installed many sets for customers, but was yet again blown away by the aircraft quality machine work (or better) done in creating these mounts. Zero concerns of over breaking one, and if we do I know parts will be here quickly.
As far as the vibrations go, to me they are not as bad as most make out, and do subside as the instructions state. As far as driver feel, for the first time I feel like I'm actually the one driving the Mk3 RS and NOT the ECU. Driver feel from the steering wheel input is increased ten fold, and I can actually tell where the front of the car is and what it's doing now. These mounts matched up with Reiger Racing Suspension make for an incredible driving experience, far beyond what the engineers had in store for the car on the drawing board.
If you are on the fence, just do it. Live with the vibrations and actually drive your car, for the first time again.